TREX at the 2020 NASA Exploration Science Forum
The TREX team had a strong showing at the virtual 2020 NASA Exploration Science Forum in July. Members Ryan Watkins, Darby Dyar, Tom Prettyman, Eldar Noe Dobrea, Deborah Domingue, Noah Petro, and Henry Hsieh gave talks. Faith Vilas, Deborah Domingue, Melissa Lane, Jian-Yang Li, and Sanlyn Buxner presented posters. See presentations https://lunarscience.arc.nasa.gov/nesf2020/.
TREX at the Exploration Science Forum
The TREX team was well represented at the Exploration Science Forum at NASA Ames. In addition to team members giving a number of presentations, our own Darby Dyar received the Darby Dyar received the Eugene Shoemaker Distinguished Scientist Medal. Our presentations included:
- Ryan Watkins: Photometry, Mineralogy and Optical Maturity of Lunar Surface Features
- Norbert Schorghofer: Conditions for Retention of Water on Near-Earth Objects
- Faith Vilas: Primitive Asteroids in the UV/Blue: Extending UV Spacecraft Spectra with Ground-Based Spectra
- Noah Petro: Volcanic Fissure and Associated Deposit on the North Massif of the Taurus-Littrow Valley: Source of the Apollo 17 VLT Basalts?
- Melissa Lane: Development of a Fine-Particle Spectral Library
- Eldar Noe Dobrea: Robotic Decision-Making in a Fine-Grained Environment
- Amanda Hendrix: LRO LAMP Observes Diurnally-Migrating Water on the Moon